Indy : what exception for invalid username/password for socks proxy?

Does anyone know what exception I can expect for setting an invalid
username/password for a socks proxy when using Indy (TidNNTP).

thanks,

Greg

--

Delphi extension : open explorer for file/project/project group from the IDE
http://www.lorriman.demon.co.uk/programming/ExplIDE/explorerIDE.htm

and other goodies

Re:Indy : what exception for invalid username/password for socks proxy?

"Greg Lorriman" <greg_lorri...@bigfoot.com> wrote in message

> Does anyone know what exception I can expect for setting an invalid
> username/password for a socks proxy when using Indy (TidNNTP).

Depends on the value in TIdSocksInfo.Version and the actual proxy server.

For svSocks4 or svSocks4A, you should get EIdSocksRequestIdentFailed. If the
proxy doesn't play by the rules, you could get EIdSocksRequestFailed or
EIdSocksUnknownError.

For svSocks5, you should get EIdSocksAuthError.   If the proxy doesn't play
by the rules, you could get EIdSocksServerGeneralError,
EIdSocksServerPermissionError, EIdSocksServerConnectionRefusedError, or
EIdSocksUnknownError.

They all descend from EIdSocksError.

hth...

"Don Siders - Team Indy" <side...@att.net> wrote in message

> "Greg Lorriman" <greg_lorri...@bigfoot.com> wrote in message

> > Does anyone know what exception I can expect for setting an invalid
> > username/password for a socks proxy when using Indy (TidNNTP).

> Depends on the value in TIdSocksInfo.Version and the actual proxy server.

> For svSocks4 or svSocks4A, you should get EIdSocksRequestIdentFailed. If
the
> proxy doesn't play by the rules, you could get EIdSocksRequestFailed or
> EIdSocksUnknownError.

> For svSocks5, you should get EIdSocksAuthError.   If the proxy doesn't
play
> by the rules, you could get EIdSocksServerGeneralError,
> EIdSocksServerPermissionError, EIdSocksServerConnectionRefusedError, or
> EIdSocksUnknownError.

whoa!!!

Thanks, Don,

Greg

> > Depends on the value in TIdSocksInfo.Version and the actual proxy

server.

And, if you  pass an invalid host name or IP address to the protocol stack
you'll get EIdSocketError.  Sorry, couldn't resist.... <VBG>

> Thanks, Don,

Your're welcome.

Other Threads