How to distribute a Delphi 4 applications using ADO to work with Access 2000

Dear List,

I have an application which creates a database in Access 2000 format. Since
the present BDE does not support Access 2000, I used the ADO and ADOX 2.1
type libraries in my project.

On the development PC everything works fine.

Then I tried to install the app on a notebook PC. I first installed the
Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) so that the various ADO interfaces
are registered on the notebook. Also Access 2000 is intalled on this
machine. Then I installed the application.

However, the application fails to work, producing EOleSysError exceptions,
apparently unable to find the required libraries. What is necessary in this
mixed Delphi, BDE, ADO environment to distribute such applications to
clients ?
Do I have to put extra references to this libraries in my Delphi code so
that they are found on any system, where MDAC is installed ?

Regards

Thomas Glden
thomasgul...@csi.com

Re:How to distribute a Delphi 4 applications using ADO to work with Access 2000

First, you don't need the BDE AT ALL to use ADO.
Second, the version of ADO that ships with Access2000
is probably older than the one with MDAC_TYP.
I'd suggest making sure you DL the latest version of MDAC.
Should be 2.1 SP2.

Thomas Glden <thomasgul...@csi.com> wrote in message

> Dear List,

> I have an application which creates a database in Access 2000 format.
Since
> the present BDE does not support Access 2000, I used the ADO and ADOX 2.1
> type libraries in my project.

> On the development PC everything works fine.

> Then I tried to install the app on a notebook PC. I first installed the
> Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) so that the various ADO interfaces
> are registered on the notebook. Also Access 2000 is intalled on this
> machine. Then I installed the application.

> However, the application fails to work, producing EOleSysError exceptions,
> apparently unable to find the required libraries. What is necessary in
this
> mixed Delphi, BDE, ADO environment to distribute such applications to
> clients ?
> Do I have to put extra references to this libraries in my Delphi code so
> that they are found on any system, where MDAC is installed ?

> Regards

> Thomas Glden
> thomasgul...@csi.com

Other Threads