TP 5.5 and WIN 98 ?

Stef wrote in message <81thr2$qc...@wanadoo.fr>...
>I try to use WIN98 and TP 5.5 and when i want to launch TP 5.5 under
WIN 98,
>i see a message that means i cant launch TP5.5 if i am under WIN 98,
and
>then the systems stops WIN 98 and rebbot in DOS Mode and launch WIN
98.

>Is it possible to launch it under WIN 98 without being in DOS Mode ?

The solution is :

1.) check for the file  'TURBO.PIF' in your TP 5.5 directory
(c:\turbo). If this file does not exist, then double click on the file
'turbo.exe' and choose 'no' when asked 'Do you want to continue'. The
file 'TURBO.PIF' should now exist.

2.) Using 'Explorer', go to the TP 5.5 directory (c:\turbo) and right
click on the file 'TURBO.PIF'.and choose 'Properties'.

3.) Click on the 'Program' tag.

4.) Near the bottom, click on the 'Advanced' tag.

5.) Uncheck the 'MS-DOS mode' check box.

6.) Click OK.

7.) Click OK.

8.) Now you should be able to run Turbo.exe under WIN98 !

--
Jeremy O'Connor
line 2

Re:TP 5.5 and WIN 98 ?

Or you could...

goto run
type dosprpmt
get to the tp directory
type edit tp.bat
then it will open the dos editor..
type
turbo.exe
on the first line
then hit save
now run tp.bat under win98 and it should work

Jeremy C O'Connor <jocon...@netactive.co.za> wrote in message news:81tl6t$2rpu$1@nnrp01.ops.uunet.co.za...

> Stef wrote in message <81thr2$qc...@wanadoo.fr>...
> >I try to use WIN98 and TP 5.5 and when i want to launch TP 5.5 under
> WIN 98,
> >i see a message that means i cant launch TP5.5 if i am under WIN 98,
> and
> >then the systems stops WIN 98 and rebbot in DOS Mode and launch WIN
> 98.

> >Is it possible to launch it under WIN 98 without being in DOS Mode ?

> The solution is :

> 1.) check for the file  'TURBO.PIF' in your TP 5.5 directory
> (c:\turbo). If this file does not exist, then double click on the file
> 'turbo.exe' and choose 'no' when asked 'Do you want to continue'. The
> file 'TURBO.PIF' should now exist.

> 2.) Using 'Explorer', go to the TP 5.5 directory (c:\turbo) and right
> click on the file 'TURBO.PIF'.and choose 'Properties'.

> 3.) Click on the 'Program' tag.

> 4.) Near the bottom, click on the 'Advanced' tag.

> 5.) Uncheck the 'MS-DOS mode' check box.

> 6.) Click OK.

> 7.) Click OK.

> 8.) Now you should be able to run Turbo.exe under WIN98 !

> --
> Jeremy O'Connor
> line 2
> line 3
> line 4

Re:TP 5.5 and WIN 98 ?

I have some other problem with it,

tp5.5 runs fine under win98, also on my win95 machine.
But, it refuses do execute the following statement :

read(aString);

aString is declared as aString : String[10];

Pascal simply walks over this line of code, leaving aString := '';
and never asking anything to the user.

Anyone has an idea ??
I can do a readln(astring)

It seems that when I want to read a string variable, read will not work
after a previously read of another variable, I need to do a readln;
first
Pascal will ignore the readln; and then execute the read(aString);

Re:TP 5.5 and WIN 98 ?

ive always wondered how to do that, i used to always use notepad and the
command line compiler to compile, so i could stay in windows.
thanx!

craig

Jeremy C O'Connor <jocon...@netactive.co.za> wrote in message

> Stef wrote in message <81thr2$qc...@wanadoo.fr>...
> >I try to use WIN98 and TP 5.5 and when i want to launch TP 5.5 under
> WIN 98,
> >i see a message that means i cant launch TP5.5 if i am under WIN 98,
> and
> >then the systems stops WIN 98 and rebbot in DOS Mode and launch WIN
> 98.

> >Is it possible to launch it under WIN 98 without being in DOS Mode ?

> The solution is :

> 1.) check for the file  'TURBO.PIF' in your TP 5.5 directory
> (c:\turbo). If this file does not exist, then double click on the file
> 'turbo.exe' and choose 'no' when asked 'Do you want to continue'. The
> file 'TURBO.PIF' should now exist.

> 2.) Using 'Explorer', go to the TP 5.5 directory (c:\turbo) and right
> click on the file 'TURBO.PIF'.and choose 'Properties'.

> 3.) Click on the 'Program' tag.

> 4.) Near the bottom, click on the 'Advanced' tag.

> 5.) Uncheck the 'MS-DOS mode' check box.

> 6.) Click OK.

> 7.) Click OK.

> 8.) Now you should be able to run Turbo.exe under WIN98 !

> --
> Jeremy O'Connor
> line 2
> line 3
> line 4

Re:TP 5.5 and WIN 98 ?

Guido,

see discussions on read/readln elsewhere in this newsgroup

Marcel :)