Paradox Table Ref. Integrity

Question for Paradox table referential integrity...

I have three tables linked as Follows :

Table 1        Table 2        Table3
Company  --->  Company  --->  Company
               Location --->  Location
                              Name

These are the key fields and how they are linked. How can the changes
from one get copied to another?

Example : If I change the location in table 2 how does this get put into
table 3 so I don't loose the detail in table 3?

Deane Hafling

Re:Paradox Table Ref. Integrity

When you define referential integrity using DBD check the Cascade Updates
check box  and the update will be cascaded automatically to Table3.

--
Bill

Re:Paradox Table Ref. Integrity

Hi

Your question isn't clear. Can you be more explicit ?

--
Elio Medeiros
Rio de Janeiro - Brasil

>Question for Paradox table referential integrity...

>I have three tables linked as Follows :

>Table 1        Table 2        Table3
>Company  --->  Company  --->  Company
>               Location --->  Location
>                              Name

>These are the key fields and how they are linked. How can the changes
>from one get copied to another?

>Example : If I change the location in table 2 how does this get put into
>table 3 so I don't loose the detail in table 3?

>Deane Hafling

Re:Paradox Table Ref. Integrity

> Your question isn't clear. Can you be more explicit ?

I'll Try

I have three tables linked as Follows :

Table 1        Table 2        Table3
Company  --->  Company  --->  Company
               Location --->  Location
                              Name

These are the key fields and how they are linked. How can the changes
from one get copied to another?

Example : If I change the field "location" or "Company" in table 2 how
does this get put into table 3 so I don't loose the detail in table 3?

Thus, I have changed the key field in table 2, how does the key field
get changed in table 3.

Deane Hafling

Other Threads