ODBC vs. native MS SQL driver

Hi

I wrote a Client in Delphi 3.0 which work with a Mircosoft SQL Server
6.5. To connect me to the server I used a ODBC Driver. That work well.
The I try the native MS SQL driver. I got the connection and everything
looked very good. But every action ( select, insert, edit ) was much
slower. Shouldn't  the native work faster then the ODBC driver?

Maybe I use the wrong driver settings. Has anyone experience with the MS
SQL driver. Could anyone help me or give me a tip.

Thank a lot

Andreas

Re:ODBC vs. native MS SQL driver

Hi

Not necessarily. I found using Openlink ODBC driver ver 3 with ODBC Express
4 {BDE replacement} to be much faster on MSSQL, INFORMIX and ORACLE.

Play with the driver settings.  Control auto commit yourself.

Hannes

AndreasS <a...@netway.at> wrote in article <348EC91B.FFE45...@netway.at>...

> Hi

> I wrote a Client in Delphi 3.0 which work with a Mircosoft SQL Server
> 6.5. To connect me to the server I used a ODBC Driver. That work well.
> The I try the native MS SQL driver. I got the connection and everything
> looked very good. But every action ( select, insert, edit ) was much
> slower. Shouldn't  the native work faster then the ODBC driver?

> Maybe I use the wrong driver settings. Has anyone experience with the MS
> SQL driver. Could anyone help me or give me a tip.

> Thank a lot

> Andreas

Other Threads