Local Interbase Server FIle Error

Hi

When I try to use an index with a Local Interbase Server table (the
version that comes with Delphi 1.0) via the IndexFieldNames property or
the FindNear method I get an error message like "Write error to file
C:\WINDOWS\TEMP/sAA.AAA". LIB obviously appends a / instead of a \ to
the temp path. Did I overlook something in the configuration or could it
be that Delphi 1.0 doesnt really feal at home under Windows 95?
Could this problem be fixed by switching to Delphi 2.0?

Klaus Schuber
algorit...@magnet.at

Re:Local Interbase Server FIle Error

Klaus Schuber wrote:

> Hi

> When I try to use an index with a Local Interbase Server table (the
> version that comes with Delphi 1.0) via the IndexFieldNames property or
> the FindNear method I get an error message like "Write error to file
> C:\WINDOWS\TEMP/sAA.AAA". LIB obviously appends a / instead of a \ to
> the temp path. Did I overlook something in the configuration or could it
> be that Delphi 1.0 doesnt really feal at home under Windows 95?
> Could this problem be fixed by switching to Delphi 2.0?

InterBase uses the TMP or the TEMP environmental variable to determine
where to place its temporary files. It looks as if you are running out of
temporary space for InterBase to use.

hope this helps

--

Robert Schieck
MER Systems Inc.

Client/Server Development and Training using Delphi,  InterBase and
Oracle

InterBase page  http://www.mers.com/interbase.html
udflib page     http://www.mers.com/product.html
TDUG page       http://www.mers.com/tdug.html      -Toronto Delphi Users