Error creating form: Interface not supported

Hi all, I am in the process of upgrading my application from Delphi4 to
Delphi6. As luck would have it on my last form. I am getting the error:
"Error creating form: Interface not supported"   What I did on the other
forms was I opened up the .dfm changed all the third party components  to
match the Delphi standard components. then I saved the .dfm and opened up
the .pas. this would give me a message box telling me that a certain
property was not found I would click on ignore and then once all of the
properties are fine the form opens. When I close the form it gives me a
message telling me that the declaration has been changed do I want to
correct it. I Click on yes. Like I said this worked for all my forms except
the last form. I opened up the .dfm made my changes and then when I opened
up the .pas it gave me the above mentioned error. Does anyone know how I can
fix this problem? Thanks.

Re:Error creating form: Interface not supported

Does your form contain an OCX component that is not installed on the target
PC ?

"David Gallaher" <dgalla...@quantum.ca> schreef in bericht

> Hi all, I am in the process of upgrading my application from Delphi4 to
> Delphi6. As luck would have it on my last form. I am getting the error:
> "Error creating form: Interface not supported"   What I did on the other
> forms was I opened up the .dfm changed all the third party components  to
> match the Delphi standard components. then I saved the .dfm and opened up
> the .pas. this would give me a message box telling me that a certain
> property was not found I would click on ignore and then once all of the
> properties are fine the form opens. When I close the form it gives me a
> message telling me that the declaration has been changed do I want to
> correct it. I Click on yes. Like I said this worked for all my forms
except
> the last form. I opened up the .dfm made my changes and then when I opened
> up the .pas it gave me the above mentioned error. Does anyone know how I
can
> fix this problem? Thanks.

Re:Error creating form: Interface not supported

Actually the form was calling a inherited form that I had not Created in
Delphi 6. Thanks for your help.

"M.H. Avegaart" <avega...@NOSPAMmccomm.nl> wrote in message

> Does your form contain an OCX component that is not installed on the
target
> PC ?

> "David Gallaher" <dgalla...@quantum.ca> schreef in bericht
> > Hi all, I am in the process of upgrading my application from Delphi4 to
> > Delphi6. As luck would have it on my last form. I am getting the error:
> > "Error creating form: Interface not supported"   What I did on the other
> > forms was I opened up the .dfm changed all the third party components
> > match the Delphi standard components. then I saved the .dfm and opened
up
> > the .pas. this would give me a message box telling me that a certain
> > property was not found I would click on ignore and then once all of the
> > properties are fine the form opens. When I close the form it gives me a
> > message telling me that the declaration has been changed do I want to
> > correct it. I Click on yes. Like I said this worked for all my forms
> except
> > the last form. I opened up the .dfm made my changes and then when I
opened
> > up the .pas it gave me the above mentioned error. Does anyone know how I
> can
> > fix this problem? Thanks.

Other Threads