IPX Networking : Need help / Info...

I have recently started to make a program that uses ipx, with some
success, I have been able to send data between some computers using the
IPX protocol, and I have made a simple chat program that works fine, now
the problem is that ... If a packet is waiting to be picked up in the
computer and another packet arrives, the arriving packet is lost.

I would like to have some help regarding this problem, I've tried to use
an interrupt rutine wich picks up any data coming in and putting it in a
buffer, this does not work satisfactory...

If any one have knowledge or an unit wich automatically resend the data
if lost, or picks up all data I would like to know of it... or if you
know any place wich might have the information I need...

I have allready looked thru som archives I had with no luck!

Please help me....

Thnx in advance ;-)

Sole Wicktor
Sole_Wick...@dk-online.dk

Re:IPX Networking : Need help / Info...

Hi there.. I could do with some help on ipx networking too in pascal!

Do you know how to look across the Novell Network for specific packets,
(what I want to do is pick up all messages/broadcasts across the
network and save them to a text file on the server for later snooping!)

ANy help would be greatly appreciated

Re:IPX Networking : Need help / Info...

On Wed, 05 Mar 1997 19:03:14 +0100, Sole Wicktor

<Sole_Wick...@dk-online.dk> wrote:
>I have recently started to make a program that uses ipx, with some
>success, I have been able to send data between some computers using the
>IPX protocol, and I have made a simple chat program that works fine, now
>the problem is that ... If a packet is waiting to be picked up in the
>computer and another packet arrives, the arriving packet is lost.

  I think u can install two or more packet listening or u can use SPX
that guarantees the arrival of packets.

*   EB09486921203A290A0D24     *
*     BA0201B409CD21CD20       *

Other Threads