Uninstalling 7.1 on Windows Server 2003

Has anyone figured out how to uninstall Interbase 7.1 on Windows Server 2003
(other than the manual process)?

It complains that there is no Java virtual machine installed when you try to
uninstall it. Since Windows Server 2003 does not come with a JVM by default,
shouldn't the uninstaller for Interbase either not require one or install
its own?

Paul Morey
GivenHansco Inc.

Re:Uninstalling 7.1 on Windows Server 2003

Paul Morey wrote:
> It complains that there is no Java virtual machine installed when you
> try to uninstall it. Since Windows Server 2003 does not come with a
> JVM by default, shouldn't the uninstaller for Interbase either not
> require one or install its own?

        There is one on the CD.  Try running the uninstaller with the CD in
the drive.

        -Craig

  Delphi/InterBase Weblog : http://delphi.weblogs.com
Please read and follow Borland's rules for the user of their
  news server: http://info.borland.com/newsgroups/guide.html

Re:Uninstalling 7.1 on Windows Server 2003

Craig,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I am using the IB 7.1 trial version that I downloaded from the Borland web
site. I first tried uninstalling by going into Control Panel->Add/Remove
Programs, which gave me the error I indicated. I then tried running the
installer again, but it did not give me an uninstall option, it just went
through the install process again.

Any other suggestions?

Paul

Paul Morey wrote:
> Any other suggestions?

        Unpack the trial edition somewhere in your PATH.  It contains a JVM
and the uninstaller should find it.

        -Craig

  Delphi/InterBase Weblog : http://delphi.weblogs.com
IB 6 versions prior to 6.0.1.6 are pre-release and may corrupt
  your DBs!  Open Editon users, get 6.0.1.6 from http://mers.com

Other Threads