Re:Migrate from Clipper 5.2e

I do not know any third party component to help you in this migration. In order
to keep the same DBF & NTX indexes you can use Halcyon or something like that.
Take a look at www.kylecordes.com
The re-writing code is a hard thing, and the visual & even-driven programation
is a new world. Good luck!.

En/Na Dutch ha escrit:

--
Jacint Figueras.
Independent IT Consultor & Software Developer.

Re:Migrate from Clipper 5.2e

Hi Dutch,
As an ex-clipper programmer I had the same issue as you, but about 3 years
ago.
IMHO you will find it better to extract the "business logic" from your
clipper app, and then re-design the user interface etc. using delphi.
The key difference if you have been only "traditional" programming is that
you have been able to "control" the user exactly, whereas with visual
programming the user may choose to do any one of many things (for example,
on a data entry form, he may click on edit control for _any_ field, pick a
menu item, close a window etc. - Users expect this :)
Study the sample apps that come with Delphi - they are good enough t get you
going I think.

Best of Luck
Chris Hearn
England.

"Dutch" <eas...@cscoms.com> wrote in message

> Hi all,
> I have a big application in Clipper and need to migrate to Delphi.  How
can
> I start?  Which third party component can help me to migrate?
> Thanks in advance for any idea,
> Prat
> pratni...@hotmail.com

Other Threads