LOCAL SQL UPDATE and memo field

Hi, I use Delphi 3.02 with paradox tables BDE 4.01.
I have created a runtime TQuery component with following SQL
statement:
UPDATE 'MyTable' M
SET  M.MyMemoField=:MyVar
WHERE M.Tip=1
My update field is a Memo field, how can I save a string in
MyMemoField by an UPDATE LOCAL SQL statement?

I tried to set a value with the following code:
  MySQL.ParamByName('MyVar').AsString:='This is a test';
but this code don't work fine, infact after ExecSQL  I don't see
nothing in my field memo, therefore in the other field of same record
(integer and string fields) I can seen new values.

Thanks in advance.
Renzo Contarini.

--
SIERRA INFORMATICA
P.TTA OTTOBONI, 9

WEB:  http://www.sierrasoft.com
E-Mail: rco...@sierrasoft.com

Re:LOCAL SQL UPDATE and memo field

You can only use parameters in the WHERE clause.

Bill

(Sorry but TeamB cannot answer support questions received via email.              )
(To send me email for any other reason remove .nospam from my address.)

Other Threads