VIRTUAL MEMORY

I'm running Delphi 2.0 under W95 on a machine with 16 megs of RAM.
In a program I'm only able to get about 5 megs of data before it
starts swapping to disk.  Swapping to disk means that my program
won't finish running this century.  I need the maximum amount of
real RAM.  Questions/problems:

1. How can I tell how much "real" RAM is available (before it starts
swapping)?

2. How can I set things to maximize the real RAM?

3. I turned off virtual memory in W95 thinking that it would give
me more memory, w/o swapping.  When I did this, however, it reduced
the RAM available to my program to 1.2 megs.  How can I tell it to
give me the max memory and not to swap to disk?

TIA

Jud McCranie  jud.mccra...@swsbbs.com

... Windows '95 - "you make a grown man cry!"
 * Silver Xpress V4.3 SW20178