is the source code for the delphi environment avail?

lann...@ils.nwu.edu (Eric J. Lannert) writes:
EL> We want to add some functionality to the delphi environment.
EL> Is this possible? If so, where do I find the source?
Take a look at...
    \delphi\doc\
        inifile.txt
        vcsintf.int
        exptinf.int

EL> I thought I remembered reading somewhere that the environment was done
EL> in object pascal
That's true.

EL> so we could make changes and recompile it.
Tell the truth: this is your own speculation.

Let me know if it helps, OK?

Alexander Petrosyan, Moscow.

--- GoldED/386 2.50+ (095)535-2222 (p...@fbit.msk.su)
 * Origin: Our sponsor wished his name not mentioned (2:5020/468.8)

Re:is the source code for the delphi environment avail?

Hello!
lann...@ils.nwu.edu (Eric J. Lannert) wrote:

>We want to add some functionality to the delphi environment.  I thought
>I remembered reading somewhere that the environment was done in object
>pascal so we could make changes and recompile it.  Is this possible?
>If so, where do I find the source?

Do you mean the VCL? (Visual Component Library), if so, the answer is
yes. You can purchase the VCL source from Borland as part of the RAD
pack or seperately.  The VCL only contains the objects defined wqithin
the environment such as TButton, TEditBox, TControl, etc. If you mean
the IDE (Integrated Development Environment) then the answer is no.
Borland does not distribute the source code for the delphi development
environment.
>Thanks in advance,
>Eric J. Lannert
>Northwestern University, Evanston, IL.   USA
>lann...@ils.nwu.edu

Other Threads