Opening Excel With Default File and Path Name For Document

I have an app. where I want to be able to generate a report and when excel
opens and I populate the file with data, I want to have it open with a
default where the file will be saved and a default for the name of the file.
I my app, before they launch Excel I have them put in the file name and
directory but I cannot figure out how set those values.  I cannot find a
property for either.

How can I do this?

JK

Re:Opening Excel With Default File and Path Name For Document

<<John Kaufmann:
before they launch Excel I have them put in the file name
and directory but I cannot figure out how set those values.
I cannot find a property for either.

There isn't one. The only way to name a workbook is to save
it, and when you do that of course you'll set its location
too. You'll have to save it yourself as soon as you create
it.

Re:Opening Excel With Default File and Path Name For Document

Is there a way to trap the event of saving or closing and put the file name
in?

"Deborah Pate (TeamB)" <d.p...@cableinet.co.not-this-bit.uk> wrote in
message news:VA.0000053a.00d01580@cableinet.co.not-this-bit.uk...

> <<John Kaufmann:
> before they launch Excel I have them put in the file name
> and directory but I cannot figure out how set those values.
> I cannot find a property for either.

> There isn't one. The only way to name a workbook is to save
> it, and when you do that of course you'll set its location
> too. You'll have to save it yourself as soon as you create
> it.

> --
> Deborah Pate (TeamB) http://delphi-jedi.org

>   Use Borland servers; TeamB don't see posts via ISPs
>   http://www.borland.com/newsgroups/genl_faqs.html

Other Threads