Can Delphi 2 support Word 97 automation?

Can Delphi 2 support Word 97 automation?  There appears to be no way to
create a wrapper for the Word 97 objects since it does not use an OCX
control.

Ideas?

David Ehrens

Re:Can Delphi 2 support Word 97 automation?

<<David Ehrens:
Can Delphi 2 support Word 97 automation?

I think so, but's so long since I used D2, I could be
wrong. But you can find out quite easily. If you have a
TOleContainer on your component palette (System tab,
probably), then you can use that with Word documents. Or
you can use variants:

var
  Word: variant;
begin
  Word := CreateOleObject('Word.Application');
  Word.Visible := True;
end;

You might have to do a Find in Files to find which unit the
CreateOleObject function is declared in - IIRC D2 had
different files for this than later versions.