Second Request

Hello All,
Using D3 and Win95.

When using CreateRemote for an OutofProc server on another machine in win95,
the CreateRemote call fails if the OutofProc server is not already loaded.
The "RPC Server is
unavailable" message appears.  I then call Application.Terminate and the
client application appears to terminate but is still listed when you
CtrlAltDelete.

How do you elegantly trap this and terminate the application with this kind
of failure?
TIA,

Ralph Tuttle

Re:Second Request

Please show some code for the record, It sounds like refrencing problems, I
did here of a fix but it was messy.

Using application.Terminate is a last resort also, I would test for the
server and then negotiate with it first, close down sweetly, we are dealing
with automation after all.

PS have you got the latest OleAut... library and associated libs. There is a
download avalible at MS's Com site.

Royboy...

RHTuttle wrote in message <76tq5n$b3...@forums.borland.com>...
>Hello All,
>Using D3 and Win95.

>When using CreateRemote for an OutofProc server on another machine in
win95,
>the CreateRemote call fails if the OutofProc server is not already loaded.
>The "RPC Server is
>unavailable" message appears.  I then call Application.Terminate and the
>client application appears to terminate but is still listed when you
>CtrlAltDelete.

>How do you elegantly trap this and terminate the application with this kind
>of failure?
>TIA,

>Ralph Tuttle

Other Threads