Different versions of Delphi programs on the same computer

I have a client with a group of database programs that were written
in Delphi 3.  I would like to add a new application that I wrote
in Delphi 5, but when I try to run it on the client's computer, I
get an error message that indicates that the engine version is not
correct.  I have a copy of the client's programs which will run on
my development computer.  Would updating the client's computer to the BDE that came with my Delphi 5 solve the problem?

Re:Different versions of Delphi programs on the same computer

yes, but you may find issues with the old delphi 3 app. I would test on your
machine with newest bde install, both apps running..

"M. Kimball" <makimb...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I have a client with a group of database programs that were written
> in Delphi 3.  I would like to add a new application that I wrote
> in Delphi 5, but when I try to run it on the client's computer, I
> get an error message that indicates that the engine version is not
> correct.  I have a copy of the client's programs which will run on
> my development computer.  Would updating the client's computer to the BDE

that came with my Delphi 5 solve the problem?

Other Threads