Use MS ACCESS 97 BDE drivers for MS ACCESS 2000

   Problem:  We have some clients which run MS ACCESS 97 and some which run MS ACCESS 2000.  MS ACCESS 97 works with the 97
drivers, 2000 has it's own drivers.

   How can we get the MS ACCESS 97 drivers for use with 2000 without doing the following:

    1. Uninstall MS ACCESS 2000
    2. Install MS ACCESS 97
    3. Upgrade to MS ACESS 2000
    4. Upgrade Borland drivers to 5.1

   Any way to selectively copy certain drivers.

Re:Use MS ACCESS 97 BDE drivers for MS ACCESS 2000

The BDE MSACCESS driver does not support Access 2000. If you need your
application to work with both Access 2k and 97 the best thing to do is
convert from the BDE to the ADO components.

--
Bill

Re:Use MS ACCESS 97 BDE drivers for MS ACCESS 2000

On 23 Aug 2001 11:38:44 -0700, "John Bartok"

<jbar...@dmscomputerservices.com> wrote:
>   Problem:  We have some clients which run MS ACCESS 97 and some which run MS ACCESS 2000.  MS ACCESS 97 works with the 97
>drivers, 2000 has it's own drivers.

>   How can we get the MS ACCESS 97 drivers for use with 2000 without doing the following:

If you want to install the MSACCESS97 driver files,  just follow
Microsoft's instructions (and licensing requirements) for the installation
of the MS DAO v3.5 drivers.  This driver version is the one that the BDE
needs to use the Native MSACCESS interface.

Now for more clarification for you as well,  the DAO v3.5 drivers do not
work [well] with Access2000 format MDB files.  If your clients use
MS-Access to update the MDB files,  then you might be wise to consider
moving to using Microsoft's ADO drivers to connect to your MDD files.  If
you use ADO,  then it should work with either Access97 or Access2000
depending upon which your clients have installed.  The ADO Express
interface is included with the Enterprise edition of the Borland compilers
(version 5 and higher) and is also available as an additional purchase for
users of the Professional edition of those compiler versions...

Jerry Bloomfield (TeamB)
--
http://www.teamb.com                                      JersW...@wwa.com
Please do *NOT* send private e-mail without prior permission (my anti-spam

Re:Use MS ACCESS 97 BDE drivers for MS ACCESS 2000

>    How can we get the MS ACCESS 97 drivers for use with 2000 without doing

the following:

The easiest solution is to use BDE/ODBC instead of moving to ADO. A little
slower than native ADO but if your application is big, you'd save a lot of
time in converting your application. Or use Titan Access, that provides most
features of TTable/TQuery from BDE (More than any other VCL I know of).

Tauseef

Re:Use MS ACCESS 97 BDE drivers for MS ACCESS 2000

I have searched MS Technet without much joy. Is there an obvious place to find the instructions for installation of the MS DAO v3.5 drivers.

Regards

David

"Jerry Bloomfield (TeamB)" <JersW...@wwa.com> wrote:

>On 23 Aug 2001 11:38:44 -0700, "John Bartok"
><jbar...@dmscomputerservices.com> wrote:

>>   Problem:  We have some clients which run MS ACCESS 97 and some which run MS ACCESS 2000.  MS ACCESS 97 works with the 97
>>drivers, 2000 has it's own drivers.

>>   How can we get the MS ACCESS 97 drivers for use with 2000 without doing the following:

>If you want to install the MSACCESS97 driver files,  just follow
>Microsoft's instructions (and licensing requirements) for the installation
>of the MS DAO v3.5 drivers.  This driver version is the one that the BDE
>needs to use the Native MSACCESS interface.

>Now for more clarification for you as well,  the DAO v3.5 drivers do not
>work [well] with Access2000 format MDB files.  If your clients use
>MS-Access to update the MDB files,  then you might be wise to consider
>moving to using Microsoft's ADO drivers to connect to your MDD files.  If
>you use ADO,  then it should work with either Access97 or Access2000
>depending upon which your clients have installed.  The ADO Express
>interface is included with the Enterprise edition of the Borland compilers
>(version 5 and higher) and is also available as an additional purchase for
>users of the Professional edition of those compiler versions...

>Jerry Bloomfield (TeamB)
>--
>http://www.teamb.com                                      JersW...@wwa.com
>Please do *NOT* send private e-mail without prior permission (my anti-spam
>filters will probably just delete it anyway <g>)

Re:Use MS ACCESS 97 BDE drivers for MS ACCESS 2000

On 3 Sep 2001 01:55:12 -0700, "David Martindale"

<david.martind...@scmh.org.uk> wrote:
>I have searched MS Technet without much joy. Is there an obvious place to find the instructions for installation of the MS DAO v3.5 drivers.

I found the instructions in the MDAC v2.0 SDK,  which was a free download
from the MS web site some time ago...

Jerry Bloomfield (TeamB)
--
http://www.teamb.com                                      JersW...@wwa.com
Please do *NOT* send private e-mail without prior permission (my anti-spam
filters will probably just delete it anyway <g>)

Other Threads