IBX access violation at address 4055CDDF in module gds32.dll

Hi,

This append when I give the DatabaseName format as
'\\machinename\c:\path\database.gdb'
but doesn't when I use
'c:\path\database.gdb'.

and also only where I use TIBUpdateSQL.
Where did I do something wrong .....

Thanks to all

Georges

Re:IBX access violation at address 4055CDDF in module gds32.dll

Should be \\Machinename:c:\path\database.gdb

"Georges MATHIEU" <i...@ppsoft.com> wrote in message

> Hi,

> This append when I give the DatabaseName format as
> '\\machinename\c:\path\database.gdb'
> but doesn't when I use
> 'c:\path\database.gdb'.

> and also only where I use TIBUpdateSQL.
> Where did I do something wrong .....

> Thanks to all

> Georges

Re:IBX access violation at address 4055CDDF in module gds32.dll

No, the correct syntaxe is

'\\machinename\c:\path\database.gdb'
or
'xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:c:\path\database.gdb' for tcpip

But the problem is the same with booth

It work 2 or 3 commitretaining but after an invalid handle occur .....

OS is WINDOWS 2000

'c:\path\database.gdb' that work well......

"Peter Speden" <pspeden-at-banklink-dot-co-dot-nz> a crit dans le message
news: 3b5caf15_1@dnews...

> Should be \\Machinename:c:\path\database.gdb

> "Georges MATHIEU" <i...@ppsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,

> > This append when I give the DatabaseName format as
> > '\\machinename\c:\path\database.gdb'
> > but doesn't when I use
> > 'c:\path\database.gdb'.

> > and also only where I use TIBUpdateSQL.
> > Where did I do something wrong .....

> > Thanks to all

> > Georges

Re:IBX access violation at address 4055CDDF in module gds32.dll

Hi!

mashinename:c:\anything\anydb.gdb works if mashinename has an entry in the
hosts-table
(winnt\system32\drivers\etc\hosts) where the mashinename is assigned to the
corresponding ip-adress.

Regards,
Strike.SoftwareSolutions
Wolfgang Bierl