Am I using the Crystal Reports Component properly?

I am after some quick advice.  I use D5, ADO, Access 2000 (or SQL 7) and
Crystal Reports.

I was wondering what the most efficient was of filtering for data in a
report is.  For example - i have an orders report where the sql would be
'select * from tblCust'.  When I use the Crystal Component If I want to
filter down to 1 record to print an order I do  (in extreme pseodo code!):

crpe1.sql.retrieve;
crpe1.sql := crpe1.sql + ' Where tblCust.'CustID' = 'j1dj';
crpe1.send;
crpe1.execute;

Is this how the Crystal Component is intended to be used?  I wondered if
there was a way of either:

Using a Delphi dataset?
Using a parameters idea like you can do in a TAdoDataset?

Jim

Re:Am I using the Crystal Reports Component properly?

"James Poll" <james.p...@btinternet.com> wrote...
> Using a Delphi dataset?

Check out the commercial TCrystalDesign from www.suprasoft.com or Gert
de Boom's web page http://home.planet.nl/~gdeboom/ , he's gotten the RDC
to work in Delphi.  You should also look at Frank Zimmerman's new
version of the VCL component,
http://users.uniserve.ca/~zimmerman/delphi.htm .

-Brion

Other Threads