Interbase exception not getting raised by BDE

I've got an Interbase stored procedure that raises an Interbase
exception. If I write a call to it and run it in WISQL, my exception
message is displayed. If I cut and paste that same call to Borland's SQL
Explorer (or run it from within my Delphi app) the exception does not
show itself. Note that for other procs, in this same app, that also
raise exceptions, the exceptions get caught correctly in the both the
BDE and delphi app.

I'll be glad to provide more details to anyone that wants to help.

I've written many Interbase stored procedures that have their exceptions
working nicely with the BDE and Delphi. However, once in awhile I run
into this problem!! Does anyone know what is going on?

Thanks in advance.