Lock file has grown too large

This error occurs with my 16-bit Window program with the following
conditions:

- tables are placed on a network drive
- executable is placed on a local directory
- session.privatedir is set to a local, shared directory.
- local share is off

I've read the technical information from borland regarding this error
(http://www.borland.com/devsupport/bde/ti_list/TI2993.html), but this error
only occurs if the session.privatedir is set to a network directory or a
local, not shared directory.
But in an operaitonal environment I do not have a local drive, only network
drives. So how can I prevent this error in a network environment? The
technical information from borland doesn't speak about sharing local drives
or something like that.

Thanx in advance,

--
Erik Schuurman