Q: Can you update D3 Package Installations via the Registry?

OK, this may sound weird, but here goes....

I have two baseline areas, call them Base1 and Base2.  Each has
custom-built packages which I use for my custom-built components.

Currently, if I want to use a package, I have to go into Delphi and
update them manually using the 'Component/Install Packages' function.
I see that the package definitions are stored in the Registry.

What I'd like to do is do it automatically outside of Delphi, based on
a Baseline I'd like to use.  I've built an app where I can select a
specific baseline (either Base1 or Base2), and when I say go, it goes
and removes any references to my packages, and adds new references to
my packages to the registry, based on my choice of baseline.

When I look at the Registry, all of them get changed, no sweat.
However, when I open up Delphi and look at the installed packages
using 'Component/Install Packages', seems like half of them get
changed.  I can see some have the new package, some have the old one.
It almost seems like any package that is used at runtime is not what
appears in the registry.

I guess the crux of my question is this:  Can package assignments be
done by updating the registry alone?  It seems like Delphi does a
little more behind the scenes than point to what is in the registry.
Does anyone know if they only way to set up packages is manully
through the IDE?  I have the feeling that this is the case, but if
anyone can confirm or deny this, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Ed
**Remove  this line and **'s for email address
**edh@**
**mincom.**
**com**