Please Help with EXEC

 J have serious problem with connect Keep() and Exec() proc.
 How can I execute Exec() procedure in TSR.
 Please Help !
                                                          Rydzu

Re:Please Help with EXEC

Rydzu wrote:
>  J have serious problem with connect Keep() and Exec() proc.
>  How can I execute Exec() procedure in TSR.
>  Please Help !
>                                                           Rydzu

Sorry, i cannot imagine how to run an exec program from a TSR.
There is no memory available for the program and usually there
is no human interface to a TSR which shall invoke the application
program. Please explain more exactly, what you intend to do.
Regards,
Franz Glaser, Austria
http://members.eunet.at/meg-glaser

Re:Please Help with EXEC

Ing. Franz Glaser wrote in message <34EB4423.DA4A1...@eunet.at>...
>Rydzu wrote:

>>  J have serious problem with connect Keep() and Exec() proc.
>>  How can I execute Exec() procedure in TSR.
>>  Please Help !
>>                                                           Rydzu

>Sorry, i cannot imagine how to run an exec program from a TSR.
>There is no memory available for the program and usually there
>is no human interface to a TSR which shall invoke the application
>program. Please explain more exactly, what you intend to do.
>Regards,
>Franz Glaser, Austria
>http://members.eunet.at/meg-glaser

It would be pretty difficult alright! Would it be possible to detect
if COMMAND.COM is waiting for a keypress at a command prompt (int
28h?) and then stuff the name of the .EXE into the keyboard buffer?

FP

Re:Please Help with EXEC

Rydzu came forth and spake thusly:

> How can I execute Exec() procedure in TSR.
> Please Help !

That is quite a problem.

The only way I can see that you could *probably* do this, whilst the TSR
is running, is the following:

1. Check free space to run program. If OK goto [3], if not OK continue

2. Save everything to XMS/disk above TSR end (assuming it was the last
loaded) and release the DOS memory.

3. Load & Exec the Program into Memory using relevant INt $21 call.

4. If [2], restore the memory contents from [2] after reallocating the
DOS memory.

I think you might be better explaining *exactly* what you want to do and
someone may be able to give you a better answer.

--
Pedt Scragg                    <postmas...@pedt.demon.co.uk>

Never curse the Crocodile's mother before crossing the river

Re:Please Help with EXEC

In article <fdO7cIAWPf70E...@pedt.demon.co.uk>,
Pedt Scragg  <postmas...@pedt.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>Rydzu came forth and spake thusly:

>> How can I execute Exec() procedure in TSR.
>> Please Help !

>That is quite a problem.

>The only way I can see that you could *probably* do this, whilst the TSR
>is running, is the following:

>1. Check free space to run program. If OK goto [3], if not OK continue

>2. Save everything to XMS/disk above TSR end (assuming it was the last
>loaded) and release the DOS memory.

Also one should restore interrupt vectors to the state in what they were
right after the TSR was loaded. Whether the TSR is last loaded is IMO not
relevant.

>3. Load & Exec the Program into Memory using relevant INt $21 call.

Why not just use exec()?

Osmo

Other Threads