GPF When Min/Max MDI Child Window During Design

Help.....

In a particular application that I am developing, I have created an
MDI child window.  I get a GPF in COMPLIB.DCL when I iconize/normalize
the window on the desktop.  If I change the form type to wsNormal, the
problem goes away.  Does anyone have an idea why I am having this
problem and how a can alleviate it.

Thanks,
Dave.

Re:GPF When Min/Max MDI Child Window During Design

Can someone give a short overview of how to pass parameters
to a form?  I havent been able to find anything in the online
help about this.  Thanks in advance....

Marc

Marc Oburg (mob...@ix.netcom.com) wrote:

: Can someone give a short overview of how to pass parameters
: to a form?  I havent been able to find anything in the online
: help about this.  Thanks in advance....

: Marc

Try defining your own constructor:

Unit MyForm;

interface

  TMyForm = class(TForm)
  private
    { Private declarations }
  public
    { Public declarations }
    constructor Create(AOwner: TComponent; Param: LongInt);
  end;

implementation

constructor TMyForm.Create(AOwner: TComponent; Param: LongInt);
begin
  inherited Create(AOwner);

  { Uses Param here }

Re:GPF When Min/Max MDI Child Window During Design

>In a particular application that I am developing, I have created an
>MDI child window.  I get a GPF in COMPLIB.DCL when I iconize/normalize
>the window on the desktop.  If I change the form type to wsNormal, the
>problem goes away.  Does anyone have an idea why I am having this
>problem and how a can alleviate it.

>Thanks,
>Dave.

This is a known bug. Get the last patch for Delphi either in the
CompuServe forum (GO DELPHI, "From Borland" library) or on Internet
http://www.borland.com. The patch corrects this bugs and some
other glitches.

David

--
David Brabant,             | E-mail: David.Brab...@csl.sni.be
Siemens Nixdorf (SNI),     | CIS:    100337,1733

Other Threads