FTP through firewall

I have an application in D4 that sends/receives using TNMFTP, and it has
worked fine until we have installed a router on an ADSL connection.  The
firewall won't allow the communication to take place.

Also, the Indy FTP demo won't work either through the firewall.

There is a firewall object in D4, but I have no idea how to use this either.

Please Help!

Re:FTP through firewall

"Doug Clements" <dclements6...@home.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> I have an application in D4 that sends/receives using TNMFTP, and it has
> worked fine until we have installed a router on an ADSL connection.  The
> firewall won't allow the communication to take place.

> Also, the Indy FTP demo won't work either through the firewall.

> There is a firewall object in D4, but I have no idea how to use this
either.

> Please Help!

ONE ANSWER:
switch to Indy or ICS

Ernst

Re:FTP through firewall

Try to enable "passive transfer"

HTH

Bas Gooijen

"Doug Clements" <dclements6...@home.com> wrote in message

> I have an application in D4 that sends/receives using TNMFTP, and it has
> worked fine until we have installed a router on an ADSL connection.  The
> firewall won't allow the communication to take place.

> Also, the Indy FTP demo won't work either through the firewall.

> There is a firewall object in D4, but I have no idea how to use this
either.

> Please Help!

Re:FTP through firewall

You need to use the FTP passsive mode. Indy FTP client has a passive
option...

On 10 Jul 2001, dclements6...@home.com (Doug Clements) wrote in
<3b4b6f7d$1_1@dnews>:

>I have an application in D4 that sends/receives using TNMFTP, and it has
>worked fine until we have installed a router on an ADSL connection.  The
>firewall won't allow the communication to take place.

>Also, the Indy FTP demo won't work either through the firewall.

>There is a firewall object in D4, but I have no idea how to use this
>either.

>Please Help!

Re:FTP through firewall

In article <3b4c200e_2@dnews>, bas_gooi...@yahoo.com says...
> Try to enable "passive transfer"

You may also need socks support and Indy does have that included in FTP.
Socks is used to communicate to some proxies that can access resources
through the firewall in some networks.

Other Threads