Hello

I have som pictures in img format, and would like to know how I can bulid
a converter in Delphi too convert these pictures to jpg or bmp formats.

Thomas

Re:Convert img picture too jpg or bmp ?

Thomas:

What do you know about these IMG files?  I checked at www.wotsit.org
and the two entries for IMG files seem to be different.

Once you know how to read the IMG files, just convert them into TBitmaps,
usually using the Scanline property.  Once you have a TBitmap, you can
convert it to a JPG.

--
efg

Overland Park, KS  USA

Re:Convert img picture too jpg or bmp ?

I do not know very much about these img files. I know "Agema"/ "Flir"
(www.flir.com) has made this files.
These files contains a picture and information (temperature (degrees)).

I can send you a copy of this img file if you want. I would be pleased if
you could help me !

Thomas

> I do not know very much about these img files. I know "Agema"/ "Flir"
> (www.flir.com) has made this files.
> These files contains a picture and information (temperature (degrees)).

I saw a FLIR demo a few years ago -- it was very interesting.

I couldn't find any information about IMG files at www.flir.com.  Perhaps
you should contact their customer service department and see what
they say.  It's possible that the IMG format is proprietary and they won't
tell you much, or perhaps they will give you the information or a utility.

> I can send you a copy of this img file if you want. I would be pleased if
> you could help me !

While interesting, I don't have enough free time to reverse engineer such
images.

--
efg

Overland Park, KS  USA

Re:Convert img picture too jpg or bmp ?

Thomas,

I know img files from the raster GIS IDRISI. If it is this file format there
should be a second file with extension .doc (document file in ascii format with
information about the image: number of rows and columns, xmin, xmax, ymin, ymax
etc. and file type: byte, integer or real). If file type is byte then the
format is very simple: each byte is a pixel. The file has no header. Then you
could read it as file of byte and save it as jpg or bmp.

Best regards,

Rolf

Earl F. Glynn wrote:
> "Thomas L?keberg S?rensen" <thoma...@stud.ntnu.no> wrote in message
> > I do not know very much about these img files. I know "Agema"/ "Flir"
> > (www.flir.com) has made this files.
> > These files contains a picture and information (temperature (degrees)).

> I saw a FLIR demo a few years ago -- it was very interesting.

> I couldn't find any information about IMG files at www.flir.com.  Perhaps
> you should contact their customer service department and see what
> they say.  It's possible that the IMG format is proprietary and they won't
> tell you much, or perhaps they will give you the information or a utility.

> > I can send you a copy of this img file if you want. I would be pleased if
> > you could help me !

> While interesting, I don't have enough free time to reverse engineer such
> images.

> --
> efg

> Earl F. Glynn     E-Mail:  EarlGl...@att.net
> Overland Park, KS  USA

> efg's Computer Lab:  http://www.efg2.com/Lab

Rolf Fankhauser, PhD
ETHZ - Federal Institute of Technology Zurich
Institute of Hydromechanics and Water Resources Management
Urban Water Management Division
G 31.3
CH-8093 Zuerich-Hoenggerberg
Switzerland