TBlobStream, Write Component and SQL Server

Hi all,

Just a quicky,

I want to use TBlobStream to store components in a database field with the
stream's WriteComponent method.  What datatype should I use in for the field
the BlobStream will reference.  I assume it is going to be text or image
type but I want to make sure before I waste any more time on it.  The
database is MS SQL Server 6.5 and I am using Delphi 5E and BDE 5.11.

Thanks.

John.

Re:TBlobStream, Write Component and SQL Server

Use the "image" type.

- David Godwin

"John Faris" <johnfarisattsigroup.co.uk> wrote in message

news:[email protected]
> Hi all,

> Just a quicky,

> I want to use TBlobStream to store components in a database field with the
> stream's WriteComponent method.  What datatype should I use in for the
field
> the BlobStream will reference.  I assume it is going to be text or image
> type but I want to make sure before I waste any more time on it.  The
> database is MS SQL Server 6.5 and I am using Delphi 5E and BDE 5.11.

> Thanks.

> John.

Re:TBlobStream, Write Component and SQL Server

For this use the blob must be binary (so that it's not translated), on
msssql would be '[long] varbinary' or 'image'.

--
Robert

John Faris wrote in message <[email protected]>...
>Hi all,

>Just a quicky,

>I want to use TBlobStream to store components in a database field with the
>stream's WriteComponent method.  What datatype should I use in for the
field
>the BlobStream will reference.  I assume it is going to be text or image
>type but I want to make sure before I waste any more time on it.  The
>database is MS SQL Server 6.5 and I am using Delphi 5E and BDE 5.11.

>Thanks.

>John.

Re:TBlobStream, Write Component and SQL Server

Thanks guys.  I have tested this with the image datatype and it works
perfectly.

John.

Other Threads