DB2 AS400 CLOB problems

Hello, we are experiencing problems with our applications terminating
abruptly when we scroll through a DB2 table on an AS400 platform. We have a
DBMemo control attached to a CLOB field in our table. When there is data in
the CLOB field and we scroll through the table using the "First" or "Last"
buttons on our navigator bar, the application shuts down. No error message,
no warnings, it just shuts down. We have noticed that this only happens if
there is data in the CLOB field AND if we have a value in the
IndexFieldNames property of our table object. If we remove the value in the
IndexFieldNames (leave it blank), we don't experience this problem, but we
then get the following error message "Table does not support this operation
because it is not uniquely indexed" when we click on the "Refresh" button on
our navigator bar.

Has anyone seen or experienced this error before? and does anyone know of a
resolution for this?

Thanks for your time, Take Care!

Jim

Re:DB2 AS400 CLOB problems

NEVER use TTable with sql servers. Use Tquery instead. You will have to
learn SQL, but it will pay off.
Example:
TTable: Tablename:='table1'; Indexfieldnames := 'Field1,Field2';
is equivalent to
TQuery: SQL.Text := 'select * from table1 order by Field1,Field2';

If you can, switch to a BDE alternative like SQL-Direct as it works 3x
faster than BDE with DB2, if the result set has blobs.

--
Robert

Jim M wrote in message <3ce139ac$1_2@dnews>...
>Hello, we are experiencing problems with our applications terminating
>abruptly when we scroll through a DB2 table on an AS400 platform. We have a
>DBMemo control attached to a CLOB field in our table. When there is data in
>the CLOB field and we scroll through the table using the "First" or "Last"
>buttons on our navigator bar, the application shuts down. No error message,
>no warnings, it just shuts down. We have noticed that this only happens if
>there is data in the CLOB field AND if we have a value in the
>IndexFieldNames property of our table object. If we remove the value in the
>IndexFieldNames (leave it blank), we don't experience this problem, but we
>then get the following error message "Table does not support this operation
>because it is not uniquely indexed" when we click on the "Refresh" button
on
>our navigator bar.

>Has anyone seen or experienced this error before? and does anyone know of a
>resolution for this?

>Thanks for your time, Take Care!

>Jim

Other Threads