What IB6 with D6 Ent e Pro?

Hi

The feature matrix of Delphi 6 (just Enterprise and Professional, not
Personal) states that it ships with IB6 open source.

I think that should be the certified one (must be!), but somewhere I've read
that Borland doesn't release the binaries of the certified open source.
(Maybe I'm wrong)

So what? Is the certified or the uncertified one? There are binaries or not?

And, overall, why IB6 is not shipped with the Personal edition if it is the
open source? Does Borland not want that students or new customers take a
survey on their own database?

Marco Dugoni

Re:What IB6 with D6 Ent e Pro?

I just saw the feature mathix and:

1. Isn't the certified version of IB. They are selling as commercial product
(certified). You can get the binaries but you must paid for your licenses.
Those binaries get the license's check code back.

2. Personal edition lacks DB access of any kind. If you want write DB
applications you need Pro version.

Re:What IB6 with D6 Ent e Pro?

"Sergio Samayoa" <serg...@terra.com.gt> ha scritto nel messaggio

> 1. Isn't the certified version of IB. They are selling as commercial
product
> (certified). You can get the binaries but you must paid for your licenses.
> Those binaries get the license's check code back.

mmh, so they are going to ship with Delphi 6 only the IB source.
I suspected it, but it seems weird to me: I don't figure out some bosses
spending so much money for having an uncertified source code to compile...
With Delphi 5 there is a fully functional version of IB5, so Borland is
going backward!

> 2. Personal edition lacks DB access of any kind. If you want write DB
> applications you need Pro version.

You're right, I missed this point...

Regards,
Marco Dugoni

Re:What IB6 with D6 Ent e Pro?

Marco Dugoni wrote:

> Hi

> The feature matrix of Delphi 6 (just Enterprise and Professional, not
> Personal) states that it ships with IB6 open source.

I was told earlier this week that it will be the certified version with the
normal 5 user developer license for Ent and 2 user local license for Pro that
has been included in all other versions of Delphi.  I have yet to confirm if the
feature matrix is correct or what I was told is correct.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
Anyone who cannot cope with mathematics is not fully human.

Re:What IB6 with D6 Ent e Pro?

> I suspected it, but it seems weird to me: I don't figure out some bosses
> spending so much money for having an uncertified source code to compile...
> With Delphi 5 there is a fully functional version of IB5, so Borland is
> going backward!

Not at all. After developing you can purchase IB6 certified for deployment.
The difference between both versions is that certified has some bugs
corrected but funtionallity is the same.

By the way, you get IB5 for development porpuses. You can't deploy it. You
must buy licenses to deploy IB5.

> The difference between both versions is that certified has some bugs
> corrected but funtionallity is the same.

Well, as said below in the thread, is the certified one that ships with
D6...
(Ok, one can say it was easy to figure out, but IMHO the D6 feature matrix
is not so clear)

Cheers

Re:What IB6 with D6 Ent e Pro?

I just got confirmation and the matrix is wrong and it will be the certified
version.  The matrix should be updated in the next couple of days.

"Jeff Overcash (TeamB)" wrote:

>  I have yet to confirm if the
> feature matrix is correct or what I was told is correct.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
Anyone who cannot cope with mathematics is not fully human.
At best he is a tolerable subhuman who has learned to wear
shoes, bathe and not make messes in the house.   (Heinlein)

Other Threads