D6 trial/IBX version

Trying to prototype w/ the Delphi 6 trial version.

1.  IBX version seems to be 6.0.  Updates don't work on trial?

2.  Can't drag-and-drop from Fields Editor to a form (IBDataSet, CLX app.).
Is this normal?

TIA.

-- Dan Langhoff

Re:D6 trial/IBX version

Dan Langhoff wrote:

> Trying to prototype w/ the Delphi 6 trial version.

> 1.  IBX version seems to be 6.0.  Updates don't work on trial?

No the trial has a different DCU format.  The IBX in D6 unpatched was very
stable so should be enough to evaluate.

> 2.  Can't drag-and-drop from Fields Editor to a form (IBDataSet, CLX app.).
> Is this normal?

There is a bug in D6 that if you have a Dataset on a DM, bring up the fields
editor and then bring up a form and try to drag n drop you can't.  The DM has to
have last focus and then you can drag and drop the fields.  This isn't an IBX
problem, but a problem in D6 in general.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
This sad little lizard told me that he was a brontosaurus on his mother's

Re:D6 trial/IBX version

> There is a bug in D6 that if you have a Dataset on a DM, bring up the
fields
> editor and then bring up a form and try to drag n drop you can't.  The DM
has to
> have last focus and then you can drag and drop the fields.  This isn't an
IBX
> problem, but a problem in D6 in general.

I had that notion from scouring the groups, but no matter what's in focus, I
can't get that functionality.  Seems to be only on CLX app.s. (?)

-- Dan L.

Re:D6 trial/IBX version

Dan Langhoff wrote:

> > There is a bug in D6 that if you have a Dataset on a DM, bring up the
> fields
> > editor and then bring up a form and try to drag n drop you can't.  The DM
> has to
> > have last focus and then you can drag and drop the fields.  This isn't an
> IBX
> > problem, but a problem in D6 in general.

> I had that notion from scouring the groups, but no matter what's in focus, I
> can't get that functionality.  Seems to be only on CLX app.s. (?)

Looks like with Clx the Fields Editor for Clx components does not support this.
I tried several access methods and non would allow this.  Under VCL it will
except in the case I outlined.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
This sad little lizard told me that he was a brontosaurus on his mother's
side.  I did not laugh; people who boast of ancestry often have little else
to sustain them.  Humoring them costs nothing and adds to happiness in
a world in which happiness is in short supply.   (RAH)

Other Threads