Beginners Delphi Books

Hi

Just wondering if anyone can recommend a good book to start out in Delphi 4
with.  This is for an absolute beginner with little programming knowledge
who HAS to get up and running ASAP!

Thanks

Melissa

Re:Beginners Delphi Books

Melissa,
I used Mastering Delphi 4 by Marco Cantu.  Check out his web site since he
has a couple of online books available which are helpful.  Marco also
maintains a newgroup and he is very good about answering questions about the
book or Delphi.  Also, I found Delphi Developer Guide by Steve Teixeira and
Xavier Pacheco invaluable, especially the first six or ten chapters.

Finally this ng on the borland ng are a great source of information.  Using
deja I found a wealth of answers to questions I had which were already asked
and answered.  Everytime I posted a question in the ng, I received an answer
that was very good.

Regards-Michael G.

"Melissa" <man...@one.net.au> wrote in message

> Hi

> Just wondering if anyone can recommend a good book to start out in Delphi
4
> with.  This is for an absolute beginner with little programming knowledge
> who HAS to get up and running ASAP!

> Thanks

> Melissa

Re:Beginners Delphi Books

Does such a beast as a "beginner" book exist? lol

Nate

Re:Beginners Delphi Books

Search the Web tor "Teach tourself Delphi4 in 21 days". It was available at
www.mcp.com but they removed all the ebooks. You can read it at www.informIT
com.

Other Threads