Delphi 3.02, BDE 5.01 and SQL Server 7.0

Friends,

Can I use this configuration normally? Should I use another driver for SQL
7.0? I'm beginnig a large work with these softwares, thanks to any answer...

Andrey Welmer
http://www.rn.senac.br
From Brazil, sorry about the english

Re:Delphi 3.02, BDE 5.01 and SQL Server 7.0

Yeah, you can.  I'm doing just that - I have to port SQL Server 6.5 code
(already did it) to 7.0 because of serious OUTER JOIN bugs in former, which
MS is NOT going to fix (per their answer to our premier support request).
All is fine if you use native BDE link to SQL 7.  By tradition BDE/Delphi
shows all stored proc names with ;1 appended.  It's OK when you work with
parameters, but give an error (Could not find stored procedure such'n'such)
on execute.  The workaround is to remove ;1 from name - works fine then.
It's important to use BDE 5.01 - no less.  I also noticed that something is
wrong with connection over network - thing slowed down a lot.  Try playing
with TDS Packet Size (default value is 512, should be no less than 4096 per
recommendations) in BDE MSSQL driver settings.  I'm still using tricks with
SP parameters - BDE does not recognize whether they are input or output.  It
also reports TEXT fields/params as Binary - change them to Memo to make
things work.  Given all the above, it otherwise works fine, I've proven it
today finally (at least, on my project).

Regards,
Alexei

P.S.  Service pack 1 for SQL Server 7 may make some difference.  Also, my
current task is to see if BDE over ODBC for SQL Server 7 works.  If you find
something about the latter, let me know (if you don't mind).