Board index » delphi » Error IBConsole

Error IBConsole

I receive the next error message when I try to login to IBConsole:

"The Interbase license file is missing or corrupt.  Check that Interbase is
installed correctly."

I already checked the Interbase Manager, it was Stopped with no reason.
Now, everytime I Start the IB Server and close the IB Manger, when I open
that again, the status is "Stopped".  Additionally, I cannot access the
Server Properties and the Guardian Properties...........

The following text is part of the log file, starting few minutes before I
received the error message.

POKKY1 (Server) Thu Jun 19 15:44:02 2003
 INET/inet_error: read errno = 10054

POKKY1 (Server) Thu Jun 19 15:46:23 2003
 INET/inet_error: read errno = 10054

POKKY1 (Server) Thu Jun 19 15:54:18 2003
 INET/inet_error: read errno = 10054

POKKY1 (Server) Thu Jun 19 16:09:57 2003
 INET/inet_error: read errno = 10054

POKKY1 (Server) Thu Jun 19 16:20:42 2003
 INET/inet_error: read errno = 10054

POKKY1 (Server) Thu Jun 19 16:28:05 2003
 INET/inet_error: read errno = 10054

POKKY1 (Server) Thu Jun 19 18:20:50 2003
 INET/inet_error: read errno = 10054

POKKY1 (Server) Thu Jun 19 18:25:26 2003
 Server: setting SWEEP_QUANTUM to 50, USER_QUANTUM to 250 and
SWEEP_YIELD_TIME to 1 ms

POKKY1 (Server) Thu Jun 19 18:25:26 2003
 The InterBase license file is missing or corrupt.

Check that InterBase is installed correctly.

POKKY1 (Client) Thu Jun 19 18:25:26 2003
 C:\Program Files\Borland\InterBase\bin\ibserver.exe : The guardian was
unable to launch the server thread. errno : 1053

POKKY1 (Server) Thu Jun 19 18:44:43 2003
 Server: setting SWEEP_QUANTUM to 50, USER_QUANTUM to 250 and
SWEEP_YIELD_TIME to 1 ms

POKKY1 (Server) Thu Jun 19 18:44:46 2003
 The InterBase license file is missing or corrupt.

Check that InterBase is installed correctly.

Thanks for your help.

 

Re:Error IBConsole


Quote
Mynor Paredes wrote:
> I receive the next error message when I try to login to IBConsole:

> "The Interbase license file is missing or corrupt.  Check that
> Interbase is installed correctly."

        Let me guess: You're using the IB 7.0 trial?  

        Download the new trial -- the old license expired 31 March 2003.

        -Craig

--
Craig Stuntz [TeamB] . Vertex Systems Corp. . Columbus, OH
  Delphi/InterBase Weblog : http://delphi.weblogs.com
Please read and follow Borland's rules for the user of their
  news server: http://info.borland.com/newsgroups/guide.html

Re:Error IBConsole


Yes, is the one that came with JBuilder 8.0.  How does the license work?  I
installed Interbase on March 18, it gives you access for 3 months?

Thanks, I'll try this.

"Craig Stuntz [TeamB]" <cstu...@vertexsoftware.com> wrote in message
news:3ef30f07$1@newsgroups.borland.com...

Quote
> Mynor Paredes wrote:

> > I receive the next error message when I try to login to IBConsole:

> > "The Interbase license file is missing or corrupt.  Check that
> > Interbase is installed correctly."

> Let me guess: You're using the IB 7.0 trial?

> Download the new trial -- the old license expired 31 March 2003.

> -Craig

> --
> Craig Stuntz [TeamB] . Vertex Systems Corp. . Columbus, OH
>   Delphi/InterBase Weblog : http://delphi.weblogs.com
> Please read and follow Borland's rules for the user of their
>   news server: http://info.borland.com/newsgroups/guide.html

Re:Error IBConsole


Quote
Mynor Paredes wrote:
> Yes, is the one that came with JBuilder 8.0.  How does the license
> work?  I installed Interbase on March 18, it gives you access for 3
> months?

        Which version of JBuilder?  At least some JBuilder versions (Pro and
higher, I think) give you a developer license for IB, not a trial
license.

        -Craig

Re:Error IBConsole


Is the Enterprise version, so I think the Interbase version should be a
Developer one.  I have the ID and key for Interbase, but they're not
accepted as valid ones.

"Craig Stuntz [TeamB]" <cstu...@vertexsoftware.com> wrote in message
news:3ef332fa$1@newsgroups.borland.com...

Quote
> Mynor Paredes wrote:

> > Yes, is the one that came with JBuilder 8.0.  How does the license
> > work?  I installed Interbase on March 18, it gives you access for 3
> > months?

> Which version of JBuilder?  At least some JBuilder versions (Pro and
> higher, I think) give you a developer license for IB, not a trial
> license.

> -Craig

Re:Error IBConsole


Quote
Mynor Paredes wrote:
> Is the Enterprise version, so I think the Interbase version should be
> a Developer one.  I have the ID and key for Interbase, but they're not
> accepted as valid ones.

        You're using the same version of IB which came with JBuilder, not a
trial?

        -Craig

Re:Error IBConsole


Yes, I was using the version that came with JBuilder 8.0 Enterprise.

Yesterday I did uninstall IB and tried to install it again. It didn't work.
Today, I downloaded the IB7.1 trial version, and its working fine.  Now, for
how long it will work?  Do you recommend me to uninstall this last version
and try to install the first one again?

Thanks.

"Craig Stuntz [TeamB]" <cstu...@vertexsoftware.com> wrote in message
news:3ef33f84$1@newsgroups.borland.com...

Quote
> Mynor Paredes wrote:

> > Is the Enterprise version, so I think the Interbase version should be
> > a Developer one.  I have the ID and key for Interbase, but they're not
> > accepted as valid ones.

> You're using the same version of IB which came with JBuilder, not a
> trial?

> -Craig

Re:Error IBConsole


Quote
Mynor Paredes wrote:
> Yesterday I did uninstall IB and tried to install it again. It didn't
> work.  Today, I downloaded the IB7.1 trial version, and its working
> fine.  Now, for how long it will work?  Do you recommend me to
> uninstall this last version and try to install the first one again?

        No, the first thing I'd try is to take the license you got with
JBuilder (presuming that it's an IB 7 license) and install it in 7.1.
I think they're supposed to work.

        If you got an IB 6.5 license with JBuilder 8, it won't work, though.
I don't know what comes with JBuilder 8.

        As for how long the trial license will work, I don't know.  But if it
ever stops working Borland should have a new trial available, because
it's not an acceptable situation for there to be no working trial.

        The IB 7.0 trial expired on 31 May, and Borland immediately posted a
new trial version, even though the 7.1 release was just a couple weeks
away at that point.

        -Craig

--
Craig Stuntz [TeamB] . Vertex Systems Corp. . Columbus, OH
  Delphi/InterBase Weblog : http://delphi.weblogs.com
How to ask questions the smart way:
  http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Re:Error IBConsole


Quote
Mynor Paredes wrote:
> Is the Enterprise version, so I think the Interbase version should be a
> Developer one.  I have the ID and key for Interbase, but they're not
> accepted as valid ones.

The InterBase 7 license ID and keys printed with JBuilder 8 Enterprise
were mistakenly for InterBase 6.x. Please call Borland Customer Server
at (831) 461-9190, or submit a case with Borland Developer Support at
http://support.borland.com/install/ to obtain valid InterBase 7
licenses. Please provide proof of purchase of JBuilder 8 Enterprise.
-Tom

Other Threads