Creating Paradox8 tables with referential integrity

Hi,

I'm fairly new to Delphi, but have done a fair amount of work in single-tier
Paradox applications.

The application I'm working on at present uses Paradox 8 through the BDE.  I
have to create databases at runtime, containing tables which I would like to
have linked with referential integrity.  I've had no problems creating
tables, adding indexes and an alias at runtime, but so far I've found
nothing in Help on how to apply referential integrity, except through the
Database Desktop.

I'd be grateful for any help.

Re:Creating Paradox8 tables with referential integrity

The Borland Database Engine Online Reference (BDE32.HLP) contains
information on creating referential intergity (see topic 'Creating tables').
The helpfile contains some Delphi examples, but most of the definitions are
in C++, so you'll have to translate to Object Pascal...

"Ruth Buckner" <drscientific-r...@powerup.com.au> schreef in bericht

> Hi,

> I'm fairly new to Delphi, but have done a fair amount of work in
single-tier
> Paradox applications.

> The application I'm working on at present uses Paradox 8 through the BDE.
> have to create databases at runtime, containing tables which I would like
> have linked with referential integrity.  I've had no problems creating
> tables, adding indexes and an alias at runtime, but so far I've found
> nothing in Help on how to apply referential integrity, except through the
> Database Desktop.

> I'd be grateful for any help.

Re:Creating Paradox8 tables with referential integrity

>tables, adding indexes and an alias at runtime, but so far I've found
>nothing in Help on how to apply referential integrity, except through the
>Database Desktop.

Used to have some code for that...lemmeno
CU
WS

Re:Creating Paradox8 tables with referential integrity

Many thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

M.H. Avegaart <avegaartNOS...@mccomm.nl> wrote in message

> The Borland Database Engine Online Reference (BDE32.HLP) contains
> information on creating referential intergity (see topic 'Creating
tables').
> The helpfile contains some Delphi examples, but most of the definitions
are
> in C++, so you'll have to translate to Object Pascal...

> "Ruth Buckner" <drscientific-r...@powerup.com.au> schreef in bericht
> > Hi,

> > I'm fairly new to Delphi, but have done a fair amount of work in
> single-tier
> > Paradox applications.

> > The application I'm working on at present uses Paradox 8 through the
BDE.
> > have to create databases at runtime, containing tables which I would
like
> > have linked with referential integrity.  I've had no problems creating
> > tables, adding indexes and an alias at runtime, but so far I've found
> > nothing in Help on how to apply referential integrity, except through
the
> > Database Desktop.

> > I'd be grateful for any help.

Re:Creating Paradox8 tables with referential integrity

If you can find the code you mention easily, I would be interested to see
it.

Thanks.

Wim Smit <w.s...@magnacarta.nl> wrote in message

> >tables, adding indexes and an alias at runtime, but so far I've found
> >nothing in Help on how to apply referential integrity, except through the
> >Database Desktop.
> Used to have some code for that...lemmeno
> CU
> WS

Other Threads