BDEError 8712 while starting BDEAdmin

Hi,

I've got an extremely frustrating BDE error. Whenever I call BDEAdmin it
displays an error message 8712, "object not found", and I can not show any
database entries. The config page is visible and works. I searched the web
for this error and found out that others seem to have the same problem (see
below).

So I tried to alter some registry values and used an empty IDAPI.CFG, but
with no result. Other PCs in the local network can easily access and
manipulate the IDAPI.CFG on the computer, but not the computer with the
corrupt BDE.

If I alter the options to "Session" (= cmSession) The BDEAdmin can be called
again without errors, but obviously it's useless then.

I use the BDE version 5.1.1.

Can anyone help mes, please?

Thanx.

Gerold

------------------------------------

It happen if you Include the alias by DBD32, try to remove all your alias
and reinsert it by BDEAdmim

Emerson

------------------------------------

John,

year ago we had a same error on one PC. Solution was the next: we changed a
value of some flag in registry (in the Borland\BDEAdmin node), but I forgot
the name of this flag.
I think that you just can compare a values on two PCs...

With best regards, Mike Shkolnik.

Re:BDEError 8712 while starting BDEAdmin

Message is 'Could not find Object'
Check that all alias addresses are correct and that you have network
privileges (read, write, create) to use them.
Check that language drivers are correct.
Mick

Other Threads