Table Block Size Question

Hi,

I am using a level 4 Paradox table. When I empty the Table using the
Database Desktop it becomes 2k in size. I also emptied the Table using
Paradox for Windows which also resets it to 2k.
However, when I empty the table with a call to dbiEmptyTable() its
size becomes 4k. The results are the same even when the table is new
and therefore empty.

Of particular concern is that it appears the block size has also been
set to 4k when 2k would have been fine and therefore the size of the
table is double what it needs to be.

I have checked the Paradox Driver in the BDE administrator which
reports the BLOCKSIZE is 2048 and FILLFACTOR is 95.

Has anybody had this problem before ?
What would be causing this ?

Thanks
Leslie.