Accessing the MS Access 2.0 databases using BDE native driver MSACCESS

I have written an application (Delphi 4.0) which works with MS Access 2.0
databases using the BDE native driver MSACCESS. As the application should be
multi-user capable, I have got a problem with saving data, if more than one
user open the database. If I try then to save data to the table, I get an
error message like "Cannot write the data... The table xxx is locked by the
user yyy on the computer zzz" (I do not open the tables as exclusive!!!). I
can not find the way to manage this problem.

By the way, if the user has no password set, how can I pass this to the
database component from my own login dialog before connect? (PASSWORD= or
PASSWORD='' does not work).

Could somebody help me?

Many thanks

Hans-Georg

Re:Accessing the MS Access 2.0 databases using BDE native driver MSACCESS

Hi !

At least through BDE, MS Access do not handle multi-user usage...

I had in the past to manage locking myself in the application.
A Paradox table stores the Access tables/records curently editing.
It works not too bad, with 2 or 3 very intensive users.
It should be certainly better with other ways...

Good luck.
"Hans-Georg Kujawa" <H.G.Kuj...@halu.de> a crit dans le message news:
3a7930d7_1@dnews...

> I have written an application (Delphi 4.0) which works with MS Access 2.0
> databases using the BDE native driver MSACCESS. As the application should
be
> multi-user capable, I have got a problem with saving data, if more than
one
> user open the database. If I try then to save data to the table, I get an
> error message like "Cannot write the data... The table xxx is locked by
the
> user yyy on the computer zzz" (I do not open the tables as exclusive!!!).
> can not find the way to manage this problem.

> By the way, if the user has no password set, how can I pass this to the
> database component from my own login dialog before connect? (PASSWORD= or
> PASSWORD='' does not work).

> Could somebody help me?

> Many thanks

> Hans-Georg