MSSQL 6.0 and 6.5 and TDBMEMO field report (Memo too Large)

Hello

I have a problem using TEXT fields in MSSQL and TDBMEMO components.
The database seems to take the data as it is entered, but will not
display it when I come back to the record later.  This causes the memo
to display (Memo too large) message.  I also get an SQL error relating
to "invalid column" although this seems very cryptic.  Is this a bug
in Delphi, ODBC or SQL.  Maybe I just missed how the TEXT field is
suppose to work.  We have no problems with VarChar types and Memo
fields.

TIA
Mel Rees
cmtr...@aa.net