Turbo6 VS Turbo7

My son is learning Turbo 6 at school and we have bought Turbo 7 for use at
home. There was no Turbo 6 available. But for some reason, the same program
from school does not seem to function. We get a division by 0 error or
something else. He is working primarily on graphics right now.

Are we missing somethng obvious in the differences between the two versions?
Thanks

--
Larry
larry_beat...@paralynx.com

Re:Turbo6 VS Turbo7

In article <37eadcb3$0$21...@fountain.mindlink.net>,

Larry beattie <larry_beat...@paralynx.com> wrote:
>My son is learning Turbo 6 at school and we have bought Turbo 7 for use at
>home. There was no Turbo 6 available. But for some reason, the same program
>from school does not seem to function. We get a division by 0 error or
>something else. He is working primarily on graphics right now.

>Are we missing somethng obvious in the differences between the two
>versions?

How about the RTE200 bug in TP 7.0 :-) Read before you write.

Osmo

Re:Turbo6 VS Turbo7

Larry beattie wrote:

> My son is learning Turbo 6 at school and we have bought Turbo 7 for use at
> home. There was no Turbo 6 available. But for some reason, the same program
> from school does not seem to function. We get a division by 0 error or
> something else. He is working primarily on graphics right now.

The TP 7 program has a problem with fast computers, there is a "bug"
in the CRT unit. When the program of your son has the instruction
"Uses CRT" then you get this error on fast machines.

This is named the famous RTE200 error or CRT 200 error. Borland do
not support it unfortunately.

The solution is that you must apply a patch to the TURBO.TPL library.
http://bsn.ch/tp-links
chapter "patches" has the solutions, but your son must read it
thoroughly and apply the patch.

Regards,
http://members.eunet.at/meg-glaser/    http://members.xoom.com/f_glaser/
http://www.geocities.com/~franzglaser/            http://start.at/bedarf

Re:Turbo6 VS Turbo7

JRS:  In article <37eadcb3$0$21...@fountain.mindlink.net> of Thu, 23 Sep
1999 19:05:45 in news:comp.lang.pascal.borland, Larry beattie

<larry_beat...@paralynx.com> wrote:
>My son is learning Turbo 6 at school and we have bought Turbo 7 for use at
>home. There was no Turbo 6 available. But for some reason, the same program
>from school does not seem to function. We get a division by 0 error or
>something else. He is working primarily on graphics right now.

Read before Write!  You get the answers more quickly that way!!  BP/TP v7
Pascal Start-Up Error 200 on fast PCs when using the Crt unit is a VFAQ!

Read the many earlier postings in the comp.lang.pascal.borland (Frank H,
Roger D, Scott E ...) and borland.public.turbopascal newsgroups (you can use
DejaNews).

For RTE200 these include the comp.lang.pascal.borland mini-FAQ, and Prof.
Salmi's FAQ  ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/link/tsfaqp.zip #124, and/or see
http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/  clpb-faq.txt  pas-time.htm  pas-linx.htm
see also Franz Glaser's http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/2926/tp.html
and information at Garbo.  Another fix is to avoid use of the Crt unit, or,
if accurate delay is not needed, to compile with TP5 or TP6.

--
John Stockton, Surrey, UK.    j...@merlyn.demon.co.uk     Turnpike v4.00   MIME.

Other Threads