How do I compile a unit for PASCAL

I am using the TMT PASCAL, downloaded  from the net.
Entered----   plt xxx,pas                to compile.
message I get back is    ERROR:    XXX not a program.
What am I doing wrong......Must be a compile option or
something I don't understand,
I get the same message with the sample units I downloaded.
your help is appreciated !!!!!!!
Don
----
Don Young  (Faux-Oro)
Judi Young (gold-digah)
Dallas, Texas

Re:How do I compile a unit for PASCAL

In article <B97031B775B38A37.9358A3DC5A188FDF.7403B62D15301AA9@library-
proxy.airnews.net>, Don Young <dcyo...@airmail.net> writes

>I am using the TMT PASCAL, downloaded  from the net.
>Entered----   plt xxx,pas                to compile.
>message I get back is    ERROR:    XXX not a program.
>What am I doing wrong......Must be a compile option or
>something I don't understand,

1. Try xxx.pas or don't bother with the .pas bit
          ^
2. If 1 don't work then perhaps it's a unit so use the -c option
--
Pedt Scragg                    <newsmas...@pedt.demon.co.uk>

Never curse the Crocodile's mother before crossing the river

tPedt Scragg <newsmas...@pedt.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>In article <B97031B775B38A37.9358A3DC5A188FDF.7403B62D15301AA9@library-
>proxy.airnews.net>, Don Young <dcyo...@airmail.net> writes
>>I am using the TMT PASCAL, downloaded  from the net.
>>Entered----   plt xxx,pas                to compile.
>>message I get back is    ERROR:    XXX not a program.
>>What am I doing wrong......Must be a compile option or
>>something I don't understand,

>1. Try xxx.pas or don't bother with the .pas bit
>          ^
>2. If 1 don't work then perhaps it's a unit so use the -c option

Thanks,      The -c option worked.
Don
----
Don Young  (Faux-Oro)