works with Win 98 but not Win 2000??

Hi All,
Here's a good one - has anyone seen this before?

We have a stable application written in Delphi 5 Enterprise (with all the
required service packs loaded) that connects via ADO to an Access 2000
database. The application and database are both on a NT 4.0 Network

Here's the problem. When we run the application on a Windows 98 workstations
(four users connected), we have no problems. It runs perfectly; however,
when we run the app on a Windows 2000 workstations the database is corrupted
within five minutes. We originally were connecting to a Access97 database so
we upgraded to Access 2000 hoping that this would solve our problem but it
didn't. If we use the Windows 98 machine under either database version (97
or 2000), there is no corruption at all.

As a further complication, if we run the application under Citrix terminal
server the database is also corrupted within five minutes.

Has anyone seen this before? We are moving to SQL Server in May but we need
to stabilize this system until then.

Any comments or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Re:works with Win 98 but not Win 2000??

Sounds like you might want to join the various threads dotted around this
newsgroup (under different titles) that are having problems with  ADOExpress
components and MDAC 2.7?

I know MDAC  2.7 ships with XP... Have a look at the versions of MDAC on
these win98 and win2K machines using the MS Component Checker  from
http://download.microsoft.com/download/dasdk/install/1.0/WIN98/EN-US/...

and do you have the latest Jet OLDBE Provider DLLs while you are at it?

Just some suggestions....

"Jerry" <je...@commercialbase.com> wrote

> Hi All,
> Here's a good one - has anyone seen this before?

> We have a stable application written in Delphi 5 Enterprise (with all the
> required service packs loaded) that connects via ADO to an Access 2000
> database. The application and database are both on a NT 4.0 Network

> Here's the problem. When we run the application on a Windows 98
workstations
> (four users connected), we have no problems. It runs perfectly; however,
> when we run the app on a Windows 2000 workstations the database is
corrupted
> within five minutes. We originally were connecting to a Access97 database
so
> we upgraded to Access 2000 hoping that this would solve our problem but it
> didn't. If we use the Windows 98 machine under either database version (97
> or 2000), there is no corruption at all.

> As a further complication, if we run the application under Citrix terminal
> server the database is also corrupted within five minutes.

> Has anyone seen this before? We are moving to SQL Server in May but we
need
> to stabilize this system until then.

> Any comments or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Other Threads