cessation of Borland's input to open source code base - Info needed

Hi folks

Could somebody please kindly point me in the direction of a Borland news
release detailing what is happening wrt their involvement with the Open
Edition. I needed to make the bean counters consider spending money.

TIA

Re:cessation of Borland's input to open source code base - Info needed

There has been no press release. The directory of the InterBase
business unit announce at this year's Borland Developer's Conference
that there would be no future open source versions.

On Mon, 9 Sep 2002 08:58:18 +0100, "Neil Joyce"

--
Bill (TeamB)

Neil Joyce wrote:

> Hi folks

> Could somebody please kindly point me in the direction of a Borland
> news release detailing what is happening wrt their involvement with
> the Open Edition. I needed to make the bean counters consider spending
> money.

There's no news release, and what Martijn and Bill said is the case. The
last open source release of InterBase was 6.02. There are no plans that
I know of for further open source releases.

Ben
--
InterBase Technical Support
Borland Software Corp.