simple client-server web database application example

We have a large intranet here.  I have access to a server with execute
priviledge.  I want to put a database on the server and access it from a
client web page.  What is the easiest way to do this with Delphi5?  BDE?
ADO? MIDAS? Interbase? InternetExpress? Confused?  YES!  I downloaded
Delphi5 trial and every client/server demo has failed.  I've searched
Borland Community for 3 days and haven't gotten anything to work.  Can
anybody point me to a SIMPLE example that works?