HELP !!!!!! (SQL problems)

Anyone could help me ?
I need to write a SQL that will fill one field with data that is stored in
another table, so I'll have a source table (where I'll read the data) and
the destination table (that will receive data).
Until here, no problem !
The problem is that I will need to read just a substring from (of one field)
the source table.
Example:
In a table called "students", I will need to read the field "name". If in
this field I find the name "Allan Johnson Winston", I will just need to read
the substring "Johnson" from the field "name" and write this substring in a
empty field in another table.
I need to do that with all records in ths table.

How to write a SQL that do that ?

Thank you very much.

Re:HELP !!!!!! (SQL problems)

Usually a single post in one NG will produce as many answers as your
multiple posts in several NG.

Janc Lage <j...@tropical.com.br> wrote in message

> Anyone could help me ?
> I need to write a SQL that will fill one field with data that is stored in
> another table, so I'll have a source table (where I'll read the data) and
> the destination table (that will receive data).
> Until here, no problem !
> The problem is that I will need to read just a substring from (of one
field)
> the source table.
> Example:
> In a table called "students", I will need to read the field "name". If in
> this field I find the name "Allan Johnson Winston", I will just need to
read
> the substring "Johnson" from the field "name" and write this substring in
> empty field in another table.
> I need to do that with all records in ths table.

> How to write a SQL that do that ?

> Thank you very much.

Other Threads