Paradox table in a read only directory on a network

Hi there

Is it possible to place a paradox table in a directory on a network,
wich is read only for the most users on the network, and some users has full
access in the directory.

For the user with the full access there is no problem to open the file
but for the user thaat have only read rights in the directory its not possible
to open the table. The database desktop error is 'Cannot access directory
file g:\test\PDOXUSRS.LCK'

The situation is that the table can be opend by users wich have full rights in
the directory and by user that only have 'read' rights.

I hope that someone will know a answer dfor this problem.

Thanks Johan

Re:Paradox table in a read only directory on a network

sie...@xs4all.nl (Johan de Lange) wrote:

>Hi there
>Is it possible to place a paradox table in a directory on a network,
>wich is read only for the most users on the network, and some users has full
>access in the directory.
>For the user with the full access there is no problem to open the file
>but for the user thaat have only read rights in the directory its not possible
>to open the table. The database desktop error is 'Cannot access directory
>file g:\test\PDOXUSRS.LCK'
>The situation is that the table can be opend by users wich have full rights in
>the directory and by user that only have 'read' rights.
>I hope that someone will know a answer dfor this problem.

>Thanks Johan

I believe that when a new session starts from another user, the *.lck
files are updated by that user. Therefore the user must have
read/write permissions. If you are working on a unix box running pcnfs
you can set owner and group permissions for the directory, thus
forcing users to loggin through pcnfs before accessing.

Hope this helps

Re:Paradox table in a read only directory on a network

In article <4tsckn$...@news.xs4all.nl>, Johan de Lange
<sie...@xs4all.nl> writes

>Hi there

Greetings.....

>Is it possible to place a paradox table in a directory on a network,
>wich is read only for the most users on the network, and some users has full
>access in the directory.

        I would think that the solution would be to open the table in
Read-Only mode or Read/Write depending on who the user is....i.e. via
his password
--
John M. Kelly

Other Threads