I need to keep a database always updating.

Hi,

I'dd like to thank all that have helped me in these news groups.

I have a program the takes data from a FOX PRO database and inputs them into
a Dbase database.  I need to get data from the ODBC driver of the FOX pro
data base which is constantly being appended, and the only way I can keep
the database updated is to
table1.active := false;
table1.active := true;
This opens and closes the database with the new entries so that I can read
them.
Is there a better way so that when the fox pro database are updated I don't
have to do this process to get the latest appended records.

Thankyou,
George

Re:I need to keep a database always updating.

Are you saying that Refresh() doesn't work?

It would be a pretty useless database indeed that forced you to have to
close a table and re-open it just to pick up a record being appended.

Other Threads