Dump SQL statements

Hi,

Does anyone know how to dump the SQL statements that are sent out to the
server ?
I would like to have a log of all the SQL statements that are generated
during a session for example. We are using Delphi C/S with Oracle 7.1.4 as
the backend. Thanks.

Alain Cheong
Logibec Groupe Informatique
a...@logibec.com

Re:Dump SQL statements

alc@nyx (Alain Cheong Chun Lin) wrote:

>Hi,
>Does anyone know how to dump the SQL statements that are sent out to the
>server ?
>I would like to have a log of all the SQL statements that are generated
>during a session for example. We are using Delphi C/S with Oracle 7.1.4 as
>the backend. Thanks.

Coupla things to try:
- During program execution, copy the SQL property to a TStrings and
use the SaveToFile method.
- Use the ODBC log file option under the ODBC Adminitration program

Brad.

Re:Dump SQL statements

Brad Scarlett wrote:

> alc@nyx (Alain Cheong Chun Lin) wrote:

> >Hi,

> >Does anyone know how to dump the SQL statements that are sent out to
the
> >server ?
> >I would like to have a log of all the SQL statements that are
generated
> >during a session for example. We are using Delphi C/S with Oracle
7.1.4 as
> >the backend. Thanks.

> Coupla things to try:
> - During program execution, copy the SQL property to a TStrings and
> use the SaveToFile method.
> - Use the ODBC log file option under the ODBC Adminitration program

> Brad.

I would suggest you use a simple table and store it in a memo file.  It
is much more efficient than having to use the file system to look up
the txt file

Brahm,

  Brahm van Niekerk
  Elgin Data Systems