How do you distribute Delphi App?

Here is the old question again. I have check out this newgroup for a
while. Is there any setup program which could be used to distribute a
Delphi app? Also, any solution to get around the stupid Borland db
drivers in two disks that is needed to be distribute with a delphi/db
app?
---------
Jin Mai  m...@ix.netcom.com

Re:How do you distribute Delphi App?

In article <3voil9$...@ixnews4.ix.netcom.com>, m...@ix.netcom.com (Jin Mai) writes:

> Here is the old question again. I have check out this newgroup for a
> while. Is there any setup program which could be used to distribute a
> Delphi app? Also, any solution to get around the stupid Borland db
> drivers in two disks that is needed to be distribute with a delphi/db
> app?

Are you objecting that Borland requires you to distribute more files
than your application needs?

My understanding is that Borland has sold more than a single copy of
Delphi, and some other developer might distribute an application to
the same customer to whom you distribute.  If the two developers were
to start distributing different subsets of different versions of the
Borland database code, multiple applications would start failing.  In
particular, all the applications created with Delphi.

I think Borland is to be commended for thinking the problem through
so well, or maybe I did not understand your objection.

Larry Kilgallen

Re:How do you distribute Delphi App?

The Wise Installation System supports BDE installations as well as adding
BDE Aliases. You can download a fully functional demo of Wise from
http://www.glbs.com.

John McMillan
GLBS Inc.

Other Threads