SQL Server Extended Stored Procedures

Hi,

I'm trying to write an extended stored procedure for sql server 7 or
2000, I got the srv.h header and redefined all the tokens, types and
constants in Delphi

When I try this code

Exec @return= xp_dll @in, @out
print cast (@return As char(5))

I don't get any return messages from the server, the only thing i get
is @return = 1 which means return FAIL from the dll function even i
simplified the dll proc to only check te number of parameters and
return a message

IS there any way to do this in Delphi or I have to count on C++ for
the XP's

any help Will be apreciated

Re:SQL Server Extended Stored Procedures

I discovered that the paramnum returns as -1 which means the server
does not see the procedure and returns that no remote procedure to
call

I don't know what i miss here ,

Any help would be apreciated

MYDEL...@HOME.COM (K. A.) wrote in message <news:504eb220.0109060310.5dece013@posting.google.com>...
> Hi,

> I'm trying to write an extended stored procedure for sql server 7 or
> 2000, I got the srv.h header and redefined all the tokens, types and
> constants in Delphi

> When I try this code

> Exec @return= xp_dll @in, @out
> print cast (@return As char(5))

> I don't get any return messages from the server, the only thing i get
> is @return = 1 which means return FAIL from the dll function even i
> simplified the dll proc to only check te number of parameters and
> return a message

> IS there any way to do this in Delphi or I have to count on C++ for
> the XP's

> any help Will be apreciated

Other Threads